Wednesday, August 27, 2008

St. Séverin Church In the 5th Arrondissement
Typical Parisian Mansard Roofs

A peek at Nôtre Dame

A charming balcony garden


The weather is glorious here in Paris, dear Reader, and I am having a very nice time. I took the photos above from our window this morning. We are staying at the very charming Hotel Henri IV in the 5th Arrondissement on the Rive Gauche. (If you are ever here, I hope you will consider this place.)
Instead of walking around town as we usually do, this time, we rented bicycles.
( Yes, this Brooklyn Blogger pedaled around Paris today. More on that later!) We made it as far as the Bois de Vincennes, the park surrounding the Chateau de Vincennes. Then went all the way back to Saint Germain.
No visit to Paris would be complete without our yearly stop to have a Berthillon Sorbet on the Île St. Louis. ( Make mine Cassis and Framboise, please.)

We stopped at one of our favorite stores, BHV, so that we could drool over the home décor department. I frankly don't know why I go there every year. The prices are pretty insane, when you consider the exchange rate now that the dollar is rather worthless, but there is nothing more inspiring than to walk through BHV.
Yesterday, we had moules frîtes at Léon De Bruxelles, another yearly stop so that we can get our fill of mussels. I do believe it is time for me to think of a diet plan for September...
One more day and I will be flying back to New York and getting back to Carroll Gardens.
Do you have any news or events about the neighborhood that you want me to post?
Don't hesitate to send it to me as I will be back to my Brooklyn life by Monday!



For Home Page, click Pardon Me For Asking
Categories: ,

0 comments:

Post a Comment