Monday, September 8, 2008




After sitting empty for a long time, the store front at 196 Smith Street is about to become a whiskey and B.B.Q. Joint. Char 4 will open on September 15th. The establishment is supposedly going to offer about 150 types of whiskey.

Oh, great! More booze on Smith Street.
Pardon me for asking, but am I the only one who is fed up with the proliferation of drinking establishments in the neighborhood. Someone should take a survey of how many liquor licenses have been issued on the little strip between Atlantic Avenue to Carroll Street in the last few years.
Don't get me wrong, I truly appreciate the fact that Smith Street has undergone a revival, but at the same time, I am resentful that there seems to be such an emphasis on drinking establishments. Beer gardens, cocktail lounges, whiskey bars.... Smith Street is becoming Bourbon Street.


[where: 196 Smith Street, Char 4]

For Home Page, click Pardon Me For Asking

0 comments:

Post a Comment