Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Anonymous has left the following comment on the post "Ciro's, Smith Street's Newest Italian Eatery, Now Open":
"Ugh. I live around the corner; just moved back to CG after a few years in Park Slope. Was looking forward to what I remembered as great food but now I can't figure out what's going on around here: South Slope opens spot-on restaurant after amazing spot, and Vanderbilt is now well into an impressive hit list. Don't get me started on the investment and creativity in Williamsburg and recently Bushwick.

Now Ciros? The sausage may be real in the window, but why can't we have Al Di La instead of this slapdash nonsense? Where's the style, restraint, and frankly the personal touch that EVERY OTHER NEIGHBORHOOD IN BROOKLYN churns out so seemingly effortlessly?

Anyway, if the food here is 1/2 as good as Al Di La's, I'd love to say i'll be a regular. But this decor is terrible. (Maybe it's an homage to the old neighborhood. Marco Polo II anyone?)
I wish they'd let this guy have his Oyster Bar. We need the variety. sigh. At least we have the Ramen Shop going in up the street.
I hope restauranteurs are reading this. CG looks saturated, but there's a huge need for simple, delicious restaurants."



0 comments:

Post a Comment